Applying deep industry knowledge and data-driven
solutions to biologics design and manufacturing
J.DESIGN is an in-house, integrated technology platform. Utilizing J.DESIGN we are able to accelerate development and provide superior manufacturing process control for higher quality molecules at the lowest possible cost.
At the core of J.DESIGN is a common data management system that centralizes and integrates the highly complex data sets generated from the distinct activities involved with the development and manufacture of biologics – Molecular Design, Process Design, and Manufacturing Design – into a singular biologics design space.
- Native antibody sequences are improved to enhance manufacturability and stability
- A suite of computational and predictive software tools are used for molecular optimization, including Abacus™ and JStruct
- Product candidates are evaluated using assays that indicate how well a molecule is expressed, purified and formulated
- Learnings from each molecule are used to improve the toolset for future molecules
- Proprietary cell lines, vectors, and media with process options for fed-batch, intensified fed-batch, and continuous culture
- Chromatography, filtration, and viral clearance capabilities for removal of impurities
- Biophysical and formulation development tools for defining optimal storage stability
- High resolution analytical capabilities, including mass spectrometry based multi-attribute method (MAM)
- Disposable technologies and intensified processes to create a flexible, deployable, and relatively low cost biomanufacturing facility
- Small, intensified bioprocessing is housed inside J.POD™ cleanrooms to reduce expensive manufacturing space and overall plant size
- Commercial J.POD™ facility under construction
- Unit operations are identical to J.PLANT facility located in Seattle WA to alleviate scale-up and minimize transfer risk